Friday, January 24, 2014

Collage, collage, collage

This year for our collage project we went off the path of what's "the norm". Our topic was to visually express the theme "celebrity". There were many ways to go after this theme and everyone had a different view on the topic. What was
so different about this project was that after the first two days you a handed your project in and got another students at random. I was pretty attached to my first one and was pretty upset to have to let it go. The progress I made in the first two days was remarkable. Then we got the new project and I was dealt a good hand. Again we worked for two days and after putting my signature final touch on it I handed it off and got my last and final collage. The interpretations that the people before me had on the theme was a lot different than mine. I did a complete 360 on the theme and did the best I could to turn this collage into my own work while still keeping parts of theirs in it too. It didn't end up how I had once hoped it would but overall I'm satisfied with my final work. I thought the concept of this project was cool because it taught me a couple life lessons. The first lesson is that everyone has different views on different things. The second one was that you may not always be happy with the hand you are dealt in life, but you need to do your best to turn it around and make it how you want it to be 

No comments:

Post a Comment